Program Coordinator for MCIAM
DUTIES: Michigan State University, Department of Mathematics, seeks a Program Coordinator for the Michigan Center for Industrial and Applied Mathematics (MCIAM). The responsibilities include:
- soliciting industrial projects and identifying external resources for our Industrial Mathematics Master of Science program;
- developing university-industry research and training projects and initiating PhD-level industrial outreach. A primary duty of the coordinator will be to identify industrial sponsored research projects and federal research funding opportunities and help prepare proposals;
- promoting interactions with other departments/centers to help MCIAM develop interdisciplinary research projects on- and off-campus;
- overseeing the development of some distance-learning courses, directing daily modifications of the program’s web site and media outlets;
- organizing the biweekly industrial math seminars and the annual meetings of MCIAM, attending to the daily business and managing the operating budget.
QUALIFICATIONS: Ph.D. in Mathematics or a related field and strong communication skills. Preference will be given to individuals with industrial experience.
APPLICATIONS: Send vita, cover letter, and references to:
MCIAM Hiring Committee Department of Mathematics A313 Wells Hall, East Lansing, MI 48824-1027
The application process will continue until the position is filled.